My reviews were all deleted yesterday. Here’s what that looks like on your profile:
When you try to review any product from your orders page you’ll see this:
The text reads:
Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product for either one or both of the following reasons: Your previous review of this product did not comply with our Customer Reviews Guidelines. Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased.
I had been reviewing items from Extreme Rebate. I thought this would be invisible to Amazon because the sellers on that platform do not give coupon codes or Amazon gift cards (reimbursements are done via Paypal), so there’s nothing on Amazon’s side that would link the buyer to the seller. I suspect my downfall was a combination of the following:
- Sparse review activity for years, then a deluge of long reviews, many with photos.
- New reviews mostly for obscure products with sellers from China.
- All reviews were positive, 4 or 5 stars.
- I did use Amazon gift cards sometimes (from other sources like portals).
- Once any new product has an unnaturally high rate of review (especially if it has predominately positive reviews), maybe Amazon deletes all those reviewer’s accounts.
After a cursory search I’ve concluded that once Amazon decides I’m done with reviewing, it’s hopeless to try to convince them otherwise. My small apartment was becoming rather full of things of questionable utility anyway. This hoarder always knew the gravy train would end, so now I’m passing the baton. With the warning that your reviews will probably be wiped one day for doing this. But maybe it’s worthwhile to you anyway. Good luck!
p.s. — note the category… “how to get your Amazon reviews deleted”? Hah!